Friday, September 20, 2013

Be the good...

I got a call from my lovely husband today at lunch to let me know of something going on in our backyard.

Our local Dairy Queen has been the scene of an amazing drama unfolding. You can read the story here: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/09/20/224417791/praise-pours-in-for-dairy-queen-manager-who-helped-blind-man

As someone who has spent some time with teenagers (I worked as a high school teacher for five years), I know a ton of people who feel this generation is beyond selfish and so distracted with technology that they wouldn't even notice someone getting run over by a car. I call BS on that sentiment. I've worked with many amazing teens who have their heads on straight and are working their tails off to make a living. This young man reminds me that not all teens act like Miley Cyrus (can they really be only a year apart!).

Kudos to him and kudos to the people who are praising his act of kindness.

"Evil happens where good men do nothing." This good man did something, and what was essentially an act of robbery was turned into something much more. A celebration of the kindness of one human to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment