Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I've got PUPPP. I didn't know what it was either.

" If you're going to get PUPPP, you're going to get it."

That is a depressing sentence for me. During my first pregnancy I got a weird rash on the bottom half of my stomach, but didn't really think anything about it and attributed it to maternity clothing. Apparently, it has an actual name. According to whattoexpect.com, PUPPP stands for "pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy." No wonder they call it PUPPP.

So the down and dirty of this is that it's most likely to happen to first-time moms who are carrying boys or multiples. Also pregnancy induced hypertension is linked to likelihood of getting PUPPP.

I must be really special because I am not a first time mom, though I am carrying a boy. Just lucky that way, I guess. Thankfully it goes away after birth, most of the time. Only a few more months of mild itching to put up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment