Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Round-Up

Boy, did we ever have a busy weekend! With a good dose of being lazy thrown in as well.

Saturday we were honored to be able to visit a friends little boy for the first time since his birth. He is so sweet! They have a little girl who loves to play with Dino Man, so it was fun for the older two to hang out as well.

We also went to an attachment parenting group lunch where Dino Man ran around for a solid hour playing in the sand at the park playground. That ended up with a bath right before naptime to get all the sand off.

After nap we attended the 4th Annual Breastival of Nursing, held locally. This is an interesting idea, which should be franchised or something. Three professional photographers make themselves available for short, 15-minute shoots for mom and baby(ies) for a low-fee, $20. Ours was even cheaper because we got in on the early deal. Unfortunately, Dino Man does NOT nurse on my demand (hasn't ever really), so we got some nice family pics and belly pics and then just some of him. Maybe one of him possibly close to my breast, but not likely. He wanted to play on the swing set instead.

Sunday we attended church, par usuale, and heard a nice homily (we're Catholic, so they aren't just sermons). We have an older priest who is in charge and some people argue that he needs to retire, but I find that when I ask God for guidance to hear His words for me, I always hear nuggets from the homily. This weekend, I was reminded to reset my goal daily using my internal "God-compass", and to practice spiritual discipline in my life daily.

As a woman who detests regularity, discipline is especially hard for me to enthusiastically embrace. However, as I age and become more other-focused and less me-focused, I find daily disciplines can be very comforting, especially in times of upheaval.

Sunday afternoon was spent lazing on the couch catching up with Lost (I am aware it's been off the air for awhile). We don't have cable or satellite, so enjoy watching an occasional adult show (NOT that kind of adult show, though I'm not judging you if you're into that!). Anything that doesn't have a curious monkey in it or a blue colored dog is fine by me most days.

Tonight we head to another midwife appointment. We are on the two-week part of the rotation, which I'm sure will dwindle down to every week at some point. I've eaten a little extra protein today to make sure my protein count is where it should be.

Probably the most exciting thing that happened this weekend occurred last night. My hubs was ironing all his work shirts for the week ahead (I don't iron). Dino Man got too close and ended up burning his little hand on the iron. We were all quite emotional and stricken by the experience. Thankfully, Dino Man's just got one blister on his hand and mostly 1st degree burns limited to one hand and a leg. God bless mayoclinic.com which had at hand information on how to treat a minor burn. Here's hoping I won't need that information anytime soon again!

Hope you all had weekends chock full of fun, family and friends as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment